The ability to create To-dos is one of the most powerful features in your wealth portal because it allows you to create and manage tasks for yourself and your team members.
Whether the task is to submit a tax return, upload an important document, or hunt down your bank credentials, To-dos help you keep track of what needs to be done.
To-dos are part and parcel of how we manage our finances (and our lives, really!) which is why they’ve been embedded throughout your wealth portal.
You can create To-dos when you are setting up your portal for the first time, or when completing wizards, wealth items, transactions and more. They are embedded in the actions you take to better fit your workflow.
How do I create a To-do?
Creating a To-do is easy. You can find the ‘Create to-do’ button on the right hand side of actions you are taking.
For example, In Protection, you can see the ‘Add a new to-do’ option once you:
- Open Insurance
- Select and click on the insurance you want
- Click on the ‘To-dos’ tab
- ‘Add your first to-do’ or ‘Add a new to-do’
5. Click on ‘Add a new To-do’ to open the To-do dialogue box.
6. Complete the information in the to-do tab
- Describe your To-do in 64 characters or less (10-12 words). For example, “Upload my life insurance form”
- Select which member of your team this task is assigned to
- Select a due date for the task
- If required, set a reminder and choose a frequency (for example never, daily, monthly or just leave it on Automatic). The Automatic frequency will send out a reminder 90, 30, 21, 14, 7, 3, 1 and on the day that the task is due. It will also send reminders 1,3,7,14,21,30 and 90 days after the task was due.
- Notes can be added to describe or enhance the reason for the todo task.
7. Click Add and the to-do will be set up.
NOTE: You can set To-dos for yourself or any member of your team. To see who is in your team, navigate to the Team area of your wealth portal.
Note: Once a to-do is created, you can amend any details especially if your frequency is set to monthly, quarterly etc, you can go to edit the to-do and change the date the first reminder is set.
And that’s it! Your To-do will be saved and can be found under To-do's on the left of your portal, as well as under the relevant area of your wealth portal (i.e. “Upload my insurance form” in the example above would be found in protection. If you created a To-do under Docs, you’ll be able to find it there).
Below, you can see all the portal To-dos in one area.
How do To-dos work?
When a To-do is created that you need to complete, you’ll receive an email containing the To-do. If the To-do has been set up to send reminders, you’ll receive reminder emails until you mark the To-do item as completed. This will be motivating!
Once the task assigned in the To-do is done, it can be marked as ‘complete’. This will stop the reminder emails and you will feel great that you have finished an important task :)
Where can I see a list of all my To-dos?
The To-do command centre is in the left section of your portal. From there, you can:
- Create new To-dos
- View a list of current and past To-dos
- Check the deadline and status of To-dos
- Filter to find a specific To-do
For information on how to create and manage To-dos on the mobile app, click here.