Your wealth portal can receive data feeds from your bank or financial institutions. At times however, the portal may not be able to receive all the data you require because your institution is not on the portal list of providers, or you may be on a Starter file subscription which does not have the option of direct data feeds.
In these cases, your portal may be missing needed transaction history. You are able to upload a CSV file of transactions, or add transactions manually one by one.
Option 1 -Manually (one by one)
Bank accounts must already be added to the wealth area in order for you to be able to choose the account in the list. You might like to visit How do I add a wealth item?
To add a single transaction to a specific account:
- Open Cashflow and click on the tools button in the top right corner.
- Select Add transaction.
- Complete the requested fields paying special attention to the Financial account.
- Click Save & exit.
You can also add transactions manually one by one to your bank account in the wealth tab.
- Click on the wealth tab.
- Select the Bank account you would like to add a transaction to (You must already have the bank account set up in your wealth area. This article may be helpful: How do i add a Wealth Item?
- Click on “Transactions”
- You will see an “Add transaction” button, click on that and you will be prompted to enter details for your manual transaction.
Option 2 - CSV upload (Bulk transactions)
If you have numerous transactions to add, you don’t have to add them one by one as this would be very time consuming. Instead, you can upload a CSV file to import bank account and/or credit card transactions to Cashflow in bulk.
You can download CSV files from most banks by logging into your bank account, selecting the account you want and downloading the transactions.
For example, below is where you would download a CSV file from the ANZ bank.
You can choose the date range and the type of file. Many banks will download the CSV files differently so once you have the file, you may need to adjust it to match the portal template below.
|EXAMPLE INCOME 1||12.31||LEAVE BLANK||1/08/2020|
|EXAMPLE EXPENSE 1||-14.53||4/08/2020|
|Example Income 2||LEAVE BLANK||12.31||LEAVE BLANK||1/08/2020|
|Example Expense 2||14.53||4/08/2020|
|EXAMPLE INCOME 3||12.31||LEAVE BLANK||CREDIT||1/08/2020|
|EXAMPLE EXPENSE 3||14.53||DEBIT||4/08/2020|
You can copy and paste the above to your excel spreadsheet to add your own data.
To import transactions:
- Click on Tools in the top right hand corner of the cashflow tab.
- In the dropdown menu select Upload CSV.
- The statement upload screen pops up, choose the account you want to import and look for the CSV file you have prepared matching the download CSV template.
- Click Upload.
- The transactions should now appear in the transactions screen.