Portfolio accounts are used by many of us to consolidate our share investment purchases.
Adding a portfolio account into the system is a great way to keep up to date with all your wealth values.
If you are on a Starter account, you will be able to link your portfolio account to your portal as a one time sync of data and then any transactions following will require manual updating. You can also add a manual account with name and balance that will have no transactions listed.
To access live data feeds from your financial institution, you can request your financial professional to upgrade you to a Pro account.
Note: In most cases, Portfolio accounts are updated every 7 days. This can vary from institution to institution.
To add your portfolio account:
- To add your portfolio account, navigate to the Wealth area in your portal.
- Click '+Add item'.
- A pop-up message will appear asking you to select the type of wealth item you wish to add. Select 'Portfolio'.
For more information on the types of Wealth items you can add, see Wealth categories explained
- Another pop-up box will appear. You have two options to select from when linking your portfolio accounts: Data Feed and Manual
Option 1: Choose your portfolio institution from the drop down list which will create a data feed from your institution to your portal.
Complete your online login credential information and click 'Confirm'.
Option 2: Manual accounts do not receive direct feeds i.e. overseas bank account, crypto currency or accounts you do not wish to be linked to your online banking.
Select 'manually add account balance'.
- In both cases, your dashboard will show that your portfolio account is being added, which may take a few minutes.
- Once your account/s have been added to your portal, your dashboard will now show the below message, and the accounts will be shown under Wealth>Portfolios