If you have recorded your entities within the Team section of your portal, you are able to send your financial professional a request to create a workspace for that entity.
For more information on the benefits of creating a workspace for an entity, see Why create a client workspace for an entity?
To request a workspace for an existing entity:
NOTE: Depending on the portal configuration set by your professional, , steps taken to request a workspace are the same yet the portal layout (Standard View or Simplified View ) will vary, as shown in the images below.
- From your client portal, navigate to Team.
- Locate the existing entity within your Team section and click on the name.
- The entity's details open. Click 'Request workspace'.
- A pop-up window opens. By default the name and type of entity are set.
Select the person you would like to add as a connection and choose their relationship to the entity.
Add notes if required and click 'Save'
NOTE: For more information about connections see How do I add a connection, professional or authorised user to an entity?
- An automatic email notification is sent to your financial professional requesting the entity workspace and a 'Pending request' message will display from within the entity's details.
- You can view pending workspace requests by navigating to the 'Switch workspace' button at the top right hand side of your portal.
By clicking the 'View pending workspaces' link, a list of all workspace requests is shown.
NOTE: Only workspaces that you have been requested as a Connection of will be viewable in your pending workspace list.
If an entity is showing 'Workspace request pending' and it does not appear in your Pending workspace list as shown above, you have not been added as a connection and should contact your financial professional for further information.
- Your primary professional will review the workspace request and action as necessary.
If the request is approved, an email is sent to the connection (nominated in step 4), inviting them to join the entity workspace.
If the request is rejected, the requestee will recieve an email to advise.
For more information about a rejected workspace request, contact your primary professional.