A “Connecting to bank” or “Adding Accounts” message (see below) may appear and remain for 30 minutes or more if you have many accounts, or if your bank website is slower than the myprosperity portal.
Sometimes an error message may appear when you are trying to link your accounts. Below are some of the most common errors and what you can do to fix them.
ERROR MESSAGE: “Problem accessing accounts: Bank credentials invalid” – your login credentials were not accepted by the bank website.
- Log in to your bank website directly to make sure you are using the right username and password in myprosperity
- Add your bank account again in your portal using the same username and password you use at your bank website, and
- Double check the list of banks in myprosperity to make sure you have the correct one selected
If you still get an error message, please contact support or click here and provide the website address (URL) of the bank or institution you are trying to link so we can investigate the issue.
ERROR MESSAGE: “Problem accessing accounts: Bank account inaccessible” – no accounts could be found at the bank website.
This message can mean that your username and password has expired at the bank or that your bank account has been locked.
- Log in to your bank website directly, from a desktop computer (not your phone or a tablet)
- Click through any messages or Terms and Conditions windows that may appear, making sure to select any ‘Don’t show me this again’ checkbox. This step is necessary as some message protocols may trigger errors in the data feeds.
- Update or verify any personal information if the bank website requires you to do so
- Verify that your accounts are now accessible
- Add your bank account again making sure that you are using the correct category. For example, a credit card cannot be added under ‘Personal loan’
ERROR MESSAGE: “Problem accessing accounts: Will retry connecting”
This message usually means that there is a temporary connection issue preventing your accounts from being added. Your myprosperity site will automatically keep attempting to make the connection and add your accounts. You may get this message for up to two days.
ERROR MESSAGE: “Problem accessing accounts.”
This error means that the attempts to add your accounts were not successful. Your attempt will be logged and investigated.
If you are still experiencing trouble linking your financial accounts, please contact support.