Once your financial professional has granted you access to your Portal, you can upload all of your documents into a secure and reliable area for quick reference and storage.
The system has some predetermined folders for you to add your information to or you can also add custom folders to organise your documents accordingly.
Add a custom folder
Edit/rename a folder
Delete a folder
To add a custom folder:
- Log into your portal, click on Docs in the left panel (also through Dashboard >Docs)
- A list of all your documents will be shown in the 'All files' list
- To add your own folder, click 'Folders' tab
- Select the area you would like to add a custom folder to and click 'Add' , for example adding a tax folder in addition to the auto generated ones, or Other Docs and click Add.
5 .Once 'Add' is clicked an 'Add a Folder' box opens. Add the folder name and click Save & Exit
6. The new folder will be added in the list of folders in the area which it was added. You can choose the folder and click the edit pencil to add further detail should you require.
7. To add a document to this folder, simply click on documents tab and Add Document
8. You can also add documents to their respective folders by clicking 'Browse' or dragging and dropping a document into this area.
9. By adding a new document through the upload area above, the file will be auto-saved in the "Uploads "folder.
10. To move the document to its correct folder, mark the checkbox next to the file name and click 'Move'.
11. A pop-up box will appear asking where you would like to move the document.
To file the document within a Wealth item, Select 'Wealth items', and select the specific wealth item from the drop down menu.
To file the document within a folder, select 'Folder' and select the specific folder from the drop down menu.
You might like to take a look at Uploading documents for more information on how you can upload your files.
To edit and/or rename a folder:
1. Navigate to the folder and click the edit pencil
2. To update the name of the folder, enter the new name within the 'Name' field.
You can edit and update any other details about the folder if required.
When you are done, click "Save Details'.
3. Your folder's name has now been updated.
To delete a folder:
1. Navigate to the folder you wish to delete. Click on the edit pencil.
2. Click the rubbish bin icon at the bottom left of the folder.
3. A pop-up box will appear asking if you wish to permanently delete the item from your account.
Any files stored within the folder will be permanently deleted.
Where can I find my signed documents?
How do I sign a document?