Within your cashflow, you may have a number of reimbursable items that need to be categorised accordingly. The system does not allocate income values against expenses values or vise versa, so each reimbursement must be categorised within the income or expense area it is brought in. For example, a medical reimbursement will be brought in as an income and dealt with accordingly. How to deal with these reimbursements is discussed below;
How to categorise reimbursements (using meal reimbursement by friends as example)
Hide all transactions in relation to the reimbursement (both income and expenses ) and add a manual transaction with an accurate value.
1. Within the Cashflow area of your portal, use the filters to locate your income and expense relating to a reimbursement.
2. Click on the transaction to open for details and more options.
3. Click the 3 dots ('More actions') button and select 'Hide transaction'.
This hides the transaction from your Cashflow area.
3. Again using the cashflow filters, locate the income/reimbursement received
4. Click on the transaction to open more options. Hide all three of these reimbursements.
Click the 3 dots/'More actions' button and select 'Hide transaction'.
5. Now that both the expense and reimbursement transactions have been hidden, you will need to add a transaction manually for the correct expense amount. Click 'Tools' and 'Add single transaction'.
6. Add in the correct expense or income amount by filling in the relevant details of the transaction in the spaces provided. This is the value that was actually your expense value
7. The manually added transaction will now appear in your Cashflow.
Hiding transactions does not affect the account balances in the Wealth area.
If you wish to unhide any of the transactions you have hidden, you can do so at any time by changing a setting in your account settings area. For more information see How do I hide and unhide transactions?